Monday, February 19, 2007

SCORPIA by Anthony Horowitz



SCORPIA by Anthony Horowitz may not be a POD book, but if you're looking for a great story, then I've found the Alex Rider series to be absolutely wonderful.
Some books you wonder if they really live up to the hype, and while I couldn't honestly imagine a teenage spy storyline being very interesting, I have to admit, I was wrong!!
Mr. Horowitz keeps the action coming and new and inventive ways of getting young Alex Rider into trouble. These aren't kiddie villians friend, they play for keeps and I'm glad to see it.
Scorpia opens up the past of Alex Rider and some of his father's former associates turn out to be major criminal players...and what about Alex's father?
Everything in Alex's world, all that he thought to be solid, gets turned upside down and Horowitz does an excellent job of keeping the reader guessing right up to the end. I don't want to give spoilers, but you need to check it out. I personally listened to the book on audio cd book and the guy reading for it does an outstanding job with it. Go buy the book or check out the audiobook from the kids section in your local library! You won't regret it.

No comments: